cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVALKIT-ROBOT-1 Which comands I must use for running the motor continuously ?

CFran.3
Associate

I tested the kit with Maxxon motor and ST original firmware successfully.

I installed the ST Cube IDe and Programmer. The compile and download works well.

But I cannot run the motor continuously. Which comands I have to use ?

Do you have an example for this EVALKIT-ROBOT-1 ?

Best Regards, Christian Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @CFran.3​ welcome to the ST Community.

I edited your post for a easier search of similar question in the Community.

The EVALKIT-ROBOT-1 system only implements positioning.

You can find more details on the STSW-ROBOT-1 firmware example preloaded in the board and about possible customization in the user manual UM2711

If I answered your question please "Select as Best" and have a fun with EVALKIT-ROBOT-1 kit 😉

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @CFran.3​ welcome to the ST Community.

I edited your post for a easier search of similar question in the Community.

The EVALKIT-ROBOT-1 system only implements positioning.

You can find more details on the STSW-ROBOT-1 firmware example preloaded in the board and about possible customization in the user manual UM2711

If I answered your question please "Select as Best" and have a fun with EVALKIT-ROBOT-1 kit 😉

Hello Cristina, I understand, the EVALKIT-ROBOT-1 is designed for motor positioning. Thank you for the link to UM2711.

But I need both, positioning and free running.

Is it a good choice to use the STEVAL-SPIN3202, together with the Maxxon motor, for a free running ?

Hello @CFran.3​ ,

sorry but with "The EVALKIT-ROBOT-1 system only implements positioning" I meant the ready-to-use kit "board+motor+firmware".

You can use the board with Maxxon motor for free running but you have to modify the firmware properly.

I suggest to start from STSW-ROBOT-1 firmware example and open the project file (.stmcx file) in the ST Motor control Workbench.

Open the "Drive Management - Drive Settings" from "Firmware Drive Magament" options:

0693W000005AQ4YQAW.png 

Here you can change the Control mode in "Speed control" and set the others application parameters according your requirements.

You can customize your application and save the project by clicking on the Save button.

This is the configuration file of parameters used and generate the code by clicking on "Generation" button.

In the generation windows you can set more parameters and after create the custom folder with your library code.

You can find more details on the UM2168 Using STM32 motor control workbench with STSPIN32F0 and STSPIN32F0A