cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi , I use ST micro controller: STM32H743VIT6 1. I want to knew if the I/O pins are 5-Volt tolerant? 2. in the Datasheet i reed there is a I/O structure called FT. This structure can tolerate 5V. How VDD_FT in this structure get 5V?

YLich.1
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

The structure can tolerate 5V when the rest of the chip is powered, but it dose not active output 5 V. The IO structure is explained in the reference manual. And the internal VDD_FT Rail is probably charged up parasitic fron the connected lines at 5 V,

YLich.1
Associate II
  1. The Input pins of STM32H743VIT6 can tolerate 5V?
  2. regards the VDD_FT, if the STM32H743VIT6 doesn't have 5v charge pup how this pin cat have 5V?

1. The Input pins of STM32H743VIT6 can tolerate 5V?
  2. regards the VDD_FT, if the STM32H743VIT6 doesn't have 5v charge pup how this pin cat have 5V?

> The Input pins of STM32H743VIT6 can tolerate 5V?

See the pins table in Datasheet. Those, which are marked FT, are 5V tolerant; others are not. There's an explanation of the marking at the beginning of the table.

> regards the VDD_FT, if the STM32H743VIT6 doesn't have 5v charge pup how this pin cat have 5V?

As Uwe said above, it's 5V *tolerant*. It's *not* a fully 5V-compatible IO pin.

This means only that if such pin is set as input and you connect 5V signal to it externally, it will not get damaged, nothing more.

You should not switch on pullup on such pin, if you intend to supply a 5V signal to it. The pullup pulls up to VDD.

If you use that pin as push-pull output, it will output only VDD when switched to high.

JW