cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how RFAL for ST25R3911 authenticate and read Mifare one 1K card?

tzhic.1
Associate

it is there a patch​ add to RFAL software package to authenticate and read-write mifare one card?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

both st25r3911 and st25r3916 support low level modes to implement MIFARE Classic® compliant protocols. Anyway, the ST25R* reference software does not implement any cryptography. ST knows that cryptography schemes like TripleDES/Desfire or Crypto1 (needed for Mifare (TM) ) can be implemented on top of the ST25R chips. So these tags are supported but you will need to implement the cryptography on your own.

See related post: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AaY1uM/if-the-st25r3916-is-compatible-with-nxps-tagreader

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

Such tags require proprietary authentication before any memory operation (see datasheet from the manufacturer of these tags) . If you want to use such tags with the ST25R3911B reader, you will have to implement this proprietary authentication and the ciphering. See other posts on this topic in this forum.

I would rather recommend to use fully compliant tags from the ST25 family such as ST25TA (Type 4A Tags) or fully compliant Type 2 Tags (i.e. tags not requiring proprietary stuff).

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
tzhic.1
Associate

But unfortunately,hundreds of thousands of mifare one card have been issued in this project,and now the new card reader have been chose st25r3911 and st25r3916 to support NFC,so downward compatibility should be make.

Can you please send me the mifare one sample program under ST RFAL software package?

my email:tech@brdrfid.com​

thanks!​

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

both st25r3911 and st25r3916 support low level modes to implement MIFARE Classic® compliant protocols. Anyway, the ST25R* reference software does not implement any cryptography. ST knows that cryptography schemes like TripleDES/Desfire or Crypto1 (needed for Mifare (TM) ) can be implemented on top of the ST25R chips. So these tags are supported but you will need to implement the cryptography on your own.

See related post: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AaY1uM/if-the-st25r3916-is-compatible-with-nxps-tagreader

Rgds

BT