cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to download STM32F7 firmware: "STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32F7 series". I've tried at least 10 times in the last several days and they all fail, usually with an Access Denied message

JCobu.1
Associate II

i'm using Google Chrome. it typically makes it to 1GB of the 1.1 GB zip file. i once got the zip file to download but it wouldn't let me open it because I didn't have permission. No amount of trying to change the permissions made it work. i suspect the file is corrupted. is there another path to getting the projects and examples? i'm particularly interested in the FMC/SDRAM?

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @JCobu.1​ ,

I have successfully download and install this package, via Google Chrome and STM32CubeMX.

I suggest to clean your cache and try again. Also, check if you have space enough in your disk.

I send you the needed package via drive to find a way out of that situation (Compressed file with size 1.13 GB). Hope this helps you.

Please keep me informed about your progress on this issue.

If my answer satisfy your need, please select it as Best so that this thread will marked as solved.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Sounds like an AV issue

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I'm not sure what an AV issue is in this context. Regardless, i should have added that i got the same results on three different computers in my office. i also went to a separate office where they use a different ISP and also got the same results. i'm not sure what you mean by using the STM32CubeMX. i go to the STM website, search for the STMF7 software and use this link: https://my.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/software/firmware/group0/df/2c/dc/89/1e/c7/4a/50/stm32cubef7_v1-16-0/files/stm32cubef7_v1-16-0.zip/jcr:content/translations/en.stm32cubef7_v1-16-0.zip

on my Chrome it says Access Forbidden. others say permission denied after failing at about 1 GB downloaded. i use a 3 terabyte drive that's less than 1/3 full; i have 32 GB memory with a Xeon processor. it's seems unlikely all the computers have a cache issue.

Jim