cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SensorTile MEMS Audio stream to Unix-like OS (Raspbian)

David Wallén
Associate III

I am exploring the SensorTile (STEVAL-STLKT01V1) and would like to capture Audio recordings on a Unix OS (namely Raspbian).

I have looked through the documentation here and the option to save audio to SD card is not ideal for my application, neither is reading from Windows.

I have gotten the AudioLoop demo software to run and capture sound on Windows, but was wondering if there is any documentation or clues as to how to get it set up on Raspbian?

The SensorTile is currently not getting recognized as a USB device in Raspbian, and before starting to hack away on my own I thought I'd ask the community if anyone has ever done this?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David Wallén
Associate III

Never mind this question. Seems that linux was detecting the audio streaming device just fine. I was using a bad USB cable...

For anyone wondering how audio stream could be accessed under unix it is very simple. The Audio stream can be read with pyaudio for example.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
David Wallén
Associate III

Never mind this question. Seems that linux was detecting the audio streaming device just fine. I was using a bad USB cable...

For anyone wondering how audio stream could be accessed under unix it is very simple. The Audio stream can be read with pyaudio for example.