cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is calibration needed for STM32F769I-Discovery Touch Panel?

Mat1
Associate III

I'was looking how to calibrate the touch panel. I'm using actualy the STM32F769I-Discovery.

In the user manual 'STM32CubeF7 demonstration platform' UM1906 there was touch screen calibration mentioned, but I didn't find more information until yet.

Is calibration still needed for capacitive touchs or is this a relict from resistive touchs?

If calibration is needed: 

• When is the touch screen calibration recommended (during production, from the user)?
  • How is the touch screen calibration done (are there any documentation from ST)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The calibration was in fact carried out on resistive touchscreens because of their inconsistent resistance; with capacitive touchscreens this is normally no longer required.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The calibration was in fact carried out on resistive touchscreens because of their inconsistent resistance; with capacitive touchscreens this is normally no longer required.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Mat1
Associate III

@Peter BENSCH​ Yes this answer my question. Thanky you.