cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does STM32F723VC has a built in USB HS Phy?

nico
Associate II

USB HS PHY is quite confusing and i am not able to find out if i can use STM32F723VC (LQFP100) staight from the chip as a USB HS Device. Documentation says:

"an USB OTG full-speed and a USB OTG high-speed with full-speed capability (with the ULPI only for the LQFP64 and LQFP100 packages and with the integrated HS PHY for the LQFP144 and UFBGA176 packages)"

So that tells me somehow that the HS PHY is only available in the 144 and 176 packages, but CubeMX gives me the option to configure the USB HS with internal PHY. And the pinnout for the LQFP100 housing also give the impression that HS PHY is available. Also that this Chip even exists gives a hint that it has a builtin PHY, otherwise it would be a STM32F722VC.

If it has a PHY then this text in the documentation is quite confusing. Or are they just talking about the Full speed capability of the HS part? But this seems like novadays a negligable detail which should not be in the short high level description.

4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

The STM32F723VC has a built-in phy, but it is not bonded, so it is not usable. You need the larger packages..

nico
Associate II

So then it is an error in CubeMX, and also the whole part is then useless because its then a STM32F722VC..

It's still hard to believe..

0693W000004JfJhQAK.png0693W000004JfJXQA0.png

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Sorry, 723V has phy, 723R has not!

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Sorry, it was yesterday. There is no 723 in a sub-100 pin package. So all723 have phy.