cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between P-NUCLEO-IOD01A1 & P-NUCLEO-IOM01M1 evaluation boards to read sensor data?

Azeem
Associate II

Hi,

I am very new to STM32 & IO-Link community. We are thinking of implementing IO-Link for our sensor based structures. I have purchased two boards (P-NUCLEO-IOD01A1 & P-NUCLEO-IOM01M1) for slave and master communication. Can anybody please guide me how to achieve the following:

• Communicate between the P-NUCLEO-IOD01A1 & P-NUCLEO-IOM01M1 to read the Sensor Data?
  • How to use the stack to read and output the data from either or both the boards?

Thanks 😀

Azeem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Azeem @Azeem​,

was the above solution ok for you?

If so, you can mark the answer as Best to help future community users having the same question.

Thanks,

-Eleon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Azeem​ ,

let me please check if I well understood your question, since I'm not an expert on this topic.

Your purpose is to setup a communication with / between the P-NUCLEO-IOD01A1 "sensors IO-Link board" and P-NUCLEO-IOM01M1 "master IO-Link board", right?

If so, you can check the STSW-IOLINKGUI. This GUI is a Windows-based application able to control simultaneously the STSW-IOM001 and STSW-IOD003 firmware and able to automatically identify the firmware version. You can find the user manual UM2436 here.

This helps you to debug the feature you want to implement in your custom application. This may not be a direct custom firmware to deploy the master and sensor IO-Link blocks, but you can start to do this by the firmware function pack of the single boards.

Let me please know if it can be a good solution for you.

-Eleon

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Azeem @Azeem​,

was the above solution ok for you?

If so, you can mark the answer as Best to help future community users having the same question.

Thanks,

-Eleon

Azeem
Associate II

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ , Thank you for you reply. I was able to communicate between the boards. Now, I am actually going through the stacks to understand what is going on in their. Appreciate your time. Thanks

Thank you for the update @Azeem​  🙂

Ykuo.11
Associate II

Hi Azeem  @Azeem 

I also have purchased two boards (P-NUCLEO-IOD01A1 & P-NUCLEO-IOM01M1) for master and slave communication.

I want to read the Sensor Data .

Is any guide to know how to use the stack to read the data from the boards?