cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gadget position sensor

Dmitry Vasilenko
Associate

Hi, 

our customer is in search for a economical solution for a gadget posistion sensor, that senses 2 positions: the gadget is in standing or in laying positions. What can we suggest?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Dmitry Vasilenko​ ,

Since the target application is a gadget, I believe it should consume as little power as possible. So, I would suggest the LIS2DW12 ultra-low-power high-performance three-axis linear accelerometer, which has the embedded 6D/4D orientation digital feature, described in the datasheet and in the AN5038 application note at p. 23.

You can also refer to the C example repository on Github for the code implementation of this feature --> lis2dw12_orientation.c.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Dmitry Vasilenko​ ,

Since the target application is a gadget, I believe it should consume as little power as possible. So, I would suggest the LIS2DW12 ultra-low-power high-performance three-axis linear accelerometer, which has the embedded 6D/4D orientation digital feature, described in the datasheet and in the AN5038 application note at p. 23.

You can also refer to the C example repository on Github for the code implementation of this feature --> lis2dw12_orientation.c.

-Eleon