cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why aren't installed MCU Packages appearing in Target / Example Selector?

PaulSwanson
Associate III

I've got a NUCLEO-L073RZ, STM32CubeIDE and CubeMX are installed (locally on Linux).

In CubeIDE, I've installed the MCU package for STM32L0 (Help > Manage Embedded Software Packages).

I can even see that it has created a "Repository" directory and the STM32L0 files (examples etc) are all there.

However, whenever I open the STM32 Target Selector (from either CubeMX or CubeIDE) and select the NUCLEO-L073RZ board, there are no examples for that board in the Example Selector.

I just want to be able to play around with the various different examples etc that are provided for this board as part of the MCU package, instead I've got nothing.

Help please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Herve PIERROT
ST Employee

HI @PaulSwanson​ ,

Unfortunately, as listed in the release note of the latest CubeMX, the example selector is only available for some series, not all, and STM32L0 is not part of it.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000DgoSmSAJ/stm32cubemx-600-released

Example Selector:

 The feature is functional only for the examples related to the STM32F4, STM32F7, STM32G0, STM32G4, STM32H7, STM32L5 and STM32WB Series

For STM32L0, you still need to handle the examples manually and import them from the repository into your IDE.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Herve PIERROT
ST Employee

HI @PaulSwanson​ ,

Unfortunately, as listed in the release note of the latest CubeMX, the example selector is only available for some series, not all, and STM32L0 is not part of it.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000DgoSmSAJ/stm32cubemx-600-released

Example Selector:

 The feature is functional only for the examples related to the STM32F4, STM32F7, STM32G0, STM32G4, STM32H7, STM32L5 and STM32WB Series

For STM32L0, you still need to handle the examples manually and import them from the repository into your IDE.