cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE hangs at end of build

ron239955_stm1
Associate II

I have an STM32CubeIDE project I've been working on for several months. In 1.4.x, it will hang at the end of the build. It'll report "0 errors, 0 warnings", but the status window doesn't go away and it still says "Building Project". I have to force quit the program (this is on a Mac). Once I quit and restart, I can get maybe 1 or 2 more builds, then it'll hang again.

The weird thing is that this project works fine in 1.3.0. I've had to download a copy of it again and I've been using it so I can continue development. I have other similar STM32CubeIDE projects, all generated by STM32CubeMX, and they all work fine in 1.3.0 and 1.4.2. Only this one is giving me trouble. I can even start up 1.4.2, work on a different project, building multiple times with no problems. Then, I close that project and open the "problem" project, and it'll hang after a couple of builds.

Does anyone have any hints as to how I might chase this down? I don't get any error messages in the Console or in .metadata/.log when the hang happens, so it's pretty difficult to figure out what's going on.

2 REPLIES 2
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Does this only happen with this "problem" project or can you recreate the same thing with another project?

If it only is this specific project do you know of any certain settings you've made to that one? Could you share it with me?

ron239955_stm1
Associate II

It only happens with this particular project, I can't reproduce the behavior in projects made before or after creating this project, and I can't figure out which setting might be at fault. I'll try to send you the project by private message, hopefully it'll allow that.