cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.15.0 is out

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi Everyone,

If you haven't noticed by now, X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.15.0 is out, available from CubeMX 6.0+ and from st.com as a zip (Also installable through CubeMX).

Main features:

1. Designer: Built in support for Graph widget!
  2. Generator: Option to use Flash Reader (limited to 16-bit apps atm) to make direct use of a non-memory mapped flash with the LCD classes and avoid having to cache images.
  3. Improved performance of Partial Framebuffer Strategy for low-cost solutions (e.g. G0)

Here's the documentation for 4.15.0: https://support.touchgfx.com/

/Martin

12 REPLIES 12
Tuoman
Senior II

Very nice!

The "base screen" not yet implemented in 4.15?

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000CBl27ZSQR/add-an-interaction-to-all-screens

I updated from 4.14 and update seems to work flawlessly 👍

HP
Senior III

Great job!

I just noticed tonight that a new version was available - the graph widget sounds fantastic!

Can't wait to give the new version a spin 🙂

Tuoman
Senior II

Small bug reports in 4.15 graph in the Designer:

• Graph text elements do not update position when graph size is changed, only when the margins are changed
  • Changing graph text elements (e.g. Resource ID) do not update, until you visit Texts tab and come back

No game breaking issues found yet =)

Thanks for the feedback, @Tuoman​! =)

SimonF
Senior

I don't know if I should make a new post for this.

It seems that the digital and analog clock widgets do not work (never updated) only with STM32G071 application template (at least with the simulator, I cannot confirm with the board). Can you confirm ?

Dian.1
Associate II

@Martin KJELDSEN​ I've installed TouchGFX Generator 4.15 via CubeIDE, I've selected the Software Packs with settings: LTDC, Double Buffer, By allocation, ChromART and when the files are generated a "ApplicationTemplate.touchgfx.part" is also created. When I double click TouchgGFX designer does not open at all, the only thing opening is the file stating:

(I still have the old TouchGFX 4.10 installed (not in CubeIDE), does that matter?)

{

"Application": {

"Name": "stm32f746cubeide",

"TouchGfxPath": "../Middlewares/ST/touchgfx",

"AvailableColorDepths": [ 16 ],

"AvailableLCDs":

{

"16": "LCD16bpp"

},

"AvailableResolutions" : [

{

"Width": 480,

"Height": 272

}

],

"PostGenerateTargetCommand" : "touchgfx update_project --project-file=../stm32f746cubeide.ioc --platform=m7",

"Family" : "STM32F7"

},

"Version": "4.15.0"

}

How can I open TouchGFX designer?

​Hi, if you've installed the X-CUBE through CubeMX/CubeIDE then the installer for the designer is in the X-CUBE pack folder which is here:

C:\Users\<you>\STM32Cube\Repository\Packs\STMicroelectronics\X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX\4.15.0\Utilities\PC_Software\TouchGFXDesigner

HP
Senior III

Now I have been working with the 4.15.0 version for some time - I like it!

I have a few oddities that I don't think are version specific, but more of a 'Hey, this could be nice if..'. I hope you can use the feedback:

1. The AT. version dropdown is not showing in ascending order. The newest is selected but the order is.. odd.0693W000006GNOgQAO.png
  2. The border around the canvas is covering the first pixel on the screen.I was finetuning my display timings and I noticed that placing a line on Y=0 with a width of 1 the line would not show. If I move the line to Y=1 I can see the line just below the border. In the picture I am using the show/hide clipped content to allow me to view the line that would otherwise be hidden0693W000006GNPAQA4.png
  3. Using the 746 AT I don't have any header files in the cubeIDE project. They are referenced and can be found using F3 but they are not in the folder structure of the project.

I have played around with the new graph widget - it's awesome :D Thanks for doing that!

I hope that I can soon show you what I have been bending tGFX into doing 🙂

Bob Bailey
Senior

The .h files (and the .c files) are not in the CubeIDE project, they are in the folder one level up, what you see in the IDE are references. Its ok once you get accustomed to it. But I prefer the old way.

I see 4.16 TGFX is out, what are the changes/fixes/improvements?

Bob