cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error: No STM32 target found!" when trying to connect my STM32H757I EVAL board via STM32 CUBE PROGRAMMER

UPa.1
Associate II

The board was working fine and then after some time i tried to connect again to flash via CUBE IDE but it didn't connect. I am getting the following error when i try to connect using STM32 CUBE PROGRAMMER.0693W000004JOdGQAW.pngi am able to get EVA_H757XI mass storage when i connect the micro USB and also able to upgrade the firmware. I am powering the board using the power brick given along with the board. also attaching the board for your reference.

0693W000004JOloQAG.jpgplease guide me through in solving this issue. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
UPa.1
Associate II

Hi i was able to solve this issue by following this procedure from the STM32H757I EVAL manual in section 6.4.1.

If a deadlock occurs because of a mismatch between hardware and firmware PWR settings (SMPS/LDO), the

user can recover the board by applying the following procedure:

1. Power off the board.

2. Set SW1 (BOOT0) to 1 (system memory).

This changes the BOOT0 pin to 1 instead of 0, thus changing the device boot address to boot address 1 and making the bootloader start in System memory. This avoids starting firmware in the user Flash with a

wrong SMPS/LDO configuration versus the hardware board configuration.

3. Power on the board and connect using STM32CubeProgrammer (STM32CubeProg).

4. Erase the user Flash.

5. Power off the board and and set SW1 to 0.

6. The board is recovered and can be used normally with matching firmware PWR

thanks for your time

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
UPa.1
Associate II

Hi i was able to solve this issue by following this procedure from the STM32H757I EVAL manual in section 6.4.1.

If a deadlock occurs because of a mismatch between hardware and firmware PWR settings (SMPS/LDO), the

user can recover the board by applying the following procedure:

1. Power off the board.

2. Set SW1 (BOOT0) to 1 (system memory).

This changes the BOOT0 pin to 1 instead of 0, thus changing the device boot address to boot address 1 and making the bootloader start in System memory. This avoids starting firmware in the user Flash with a

wrong SMPS/LDO configuration versus the hardware board configuration.

3. Power on the board and connect using STM32CubeProgrammer (STM32CubeProg).

4. Erase the user Flash.

5. Power off the board and and set SW1 to 0.

6. The board is recovered and can be used normally with matching firmware PWR

thanks for your time