cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916 CSI and CSO pins

Gaston
Associate III

Hi,

I don't want to use the ST25R3916 capacitive card detection that involves CSI and CSO pins. Can I leave this pins unconnected? What part of rfal should I remove to do this?

Thanks in advance,

gaston

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Gaston,

you can leave these pins unconnected. However in case of receiver issues you may want to inspect some internal receiver signals (observation modes). Therefore I would foresee at least some test points.

If you don't explicitly request capacitive wake-up mode it will not be used. However some support code would still stay.

Using RFAL_FEATURE_WAKEUP_MODE you can disable the wake-up mode altogether - inductive and capacitive modes. Currently we don't have an option for disabling them more fine-granular. I think it would only save few bytes.

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Gaston,

you can leave these pins unconnected. However in case of receiver issues you may want to inspect some internal receiver signals (observation modes). Therefore I would foresee at least some test points.

If you don't explicitly request capacitive wake-up mode it will not be used. However some support code would still stay.

Using RFAL_FEATURE_WAKEUP_MODE you can disable the wake-up mode altogether - inductive and capacitive modes. Currently we don't have an option for disabling them more fine-granular. I think it would only save few bytes.

Regards, Ulysses