cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings, I am seeking FatFS uSD RTOS example project for use with STM32F746G-DISCO using the STM32CubeIDE. I downloaded ST's STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0 but the example given here is very different than what the STM32CubeIDE creates. Any help welcomed

Hab Collector
Associate II
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Hab Collector​ ,

The firmware package for STM32Cube_F7 doesn't yet support STM32CubeIDE. SW4STM32 is supported instead. But you can import the SW4STM32 projects into STM32CubeIDE (which I presume you did).

It would be helpful if you provide us with more details about the differences that you've noticed to be able to investigate the issue further.

Best Regards,

Walid

Not sure of the differences, but a lot of the Third Party Middleware is outdated.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Hab Collector
Associate II

Thank you greatly for your response. I did "in part" manage to get the FAT_FS working. I was able to get it working in a bear metal application (my test hardware only firmware running on custom hardware). I also got it working with the CMSIS_V1 RTOS (with my play with TouchGFX application running on STM32F746 DISCO hardware). However in my actual application, targeted to my custom hardware in which I use CMSIS_V2 RTOS it is not working and I do not know why. It has been over a week since I last looked at it as I needed to work on the next hardware revision. I will say that when I got it to work in CMSIS_V1 it was necessary to edit the file sd_diskio.c.

1. Uncomment ENABLE_SCRATCH_BUFFER on line 88
  2. Add a var declaration for "ret" on line 329: uint8_t var;

On the bear metal implementation no edit was necessary.

So I choose CMSIS_V2 over V1 as the V1 seemed incomplete and not all calls worked as they should. With the exception of the FAT_FS all else within the application seems to work as needed. Maybe this was a big mistake, but I figured since it was released and it was the V2 it would work better.

I should complete my hardware revisions by today and return to the firmware tomorrow. I really do need to get the FAT_FS working within the actual application CMSIS_V2 RTOS so any knowledge you can provided would be most wonderful and appreciated.

Many thanks for responding.