cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program a new L152 chip (in STM32CubeIDE)

NiJo
Associate

Hello

I did some basic testing to set up, write code and program the STM32 F103 (bluepill) with the STM32CubeIDE and everything worked fine!

In a project I would like to design my own PCB and use the L152C8T6 chip. So I purchased some new chips from Digikey, solder the chip to a breakout board and connect it to STMicroelectronics ST-Link v2 (as I did with the F103)

But with the L152 chip it seems like I can't program the Flash memory at all. But in some way I can use the system memory.

When in debugging mode this message appear and the LED is not blinking when I run the code on L152 with Boot0 connected to ground.

0693W000004JDhbQAG.jpg

With Boot0 high and Boot1 to ground the LED is blinking when I run the code but another message appear. And the LED do not blink when the chip is powered up again.

0693W000004JDzpQAG.jpg

With F103 everything works fine.

0693W000004JE2eQAG.jpg

As the pin out is the same for F103 and L152 I also tried to solder the L152 chip to the bluepill board, but with the same result.

I also know that the L152 chip is new out of the box and most likely "clean" of code that might not be the case in F103 Bluepill.

Is it something that I missed or do I need to do something extra / different to program the new L152 chip?

Sorry for a long message, but I am lacking ideas how to progress :(

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NiJo
Associate

Gagh, you can close (and remove 🙂 ) this question, I had a L152CBT6 chip, not a L152C8T6. So when you chose right chip in the CubeMX it was no problem 😉

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NiJo
Associate

Gagh, you can close (and remove 🙂 ) this question, I had a L152CBT6 chip, not a L152C8T6. So when you chose right chip in the CubeMX it was no problem 😉

Hi @NiJo​ ,

No need to remove the post, keep it for others who may face similar issue. It will be helpful for them.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.