cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L476: DFU problems.

CBram.1776
Associate II

I'm using an STLKT01V1 SensorTile, which is based on STM32L476.

Since STLKT01V1 cannot select DFU update with the hardware, in my firmware I implemented a function for jumping to the embedded bootloader, as described into the application note, and this works fine.

However, the problems are:

1) I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit and the DFUse application doesn't find the device.

The driver seems installed correctly, although I see a message that could be translated as "the device needs an additional installation".

Instead, if I boot my PC with Windows 7 32bit, I had no problems: the DFUse utility finds the device and flashes it correctly.

2) It seems that something is wrong with the DFU file generated by the DFU file manager.

From Windows 7, I flashed the device but after I reset it, I discovered that it does not work.

With Segger JLINK, I read the content of the flash memory and I discovered that the final ~1000 bytes of the firmware were not written. I tried to flash the device several times and the write process blocks always at the same point.

Then, I did these steps:

- I flashed the device with SEGGER JLINK.

- I generated a DFU file by reading the content of the memory with DFUse.

- Then, I used that DFU file for flashing another device and this time I got a working device, with the firmware correctly written into the flash in all its parts.

Have you an idea about the causes of these problems and possible solutions?

Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Carlo Bramini.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @CBram.1776​ ,

Did you tried the same using STM32CubeProgrammer?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @CBram.1776​ ,

Did you tried the same using STM32CubeProgrammer?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

CBram.1776
Associate II

STM32CubeProgrammer works better, Thank you.