cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CMSIS Packs with STM32CubeMX and IAR Embedded Workbench

MSchm.3
Associate

I'm trying to use the CMSIS-Driver Interface to access Microcontroller Peripherals.

As a starting point, i tried setting up an application with a simple goal: Transmit a byte using the USART Peripheral via CMSIS-Driver interface, which i can then use on several microcontrollers.

I'm working with IAR Embedded Workbench and the included CMSIS-Manager to import and configure the components of the CMSIS-Pack starting with the STM32F100 which worked perfectly fine, since it's using the "RTE_Device.h" for configuration. Trying to use any other STM32 Controller, which uses STM32CubeMX (So far i tried the STM32F303 and the STM32L152) seems to not work well within this environment.

I'm working with IAR Embedded Workbench and the included CMSIS-Manager to import and configure the components of the CMSIS-Pack starting with the STM32F100 which worked perfectly fine, since it's using the "RTE_Device.h" for configuration. Trying to use any other STM32 Controller, which uses STM32CubeMX (So far i tried the STM32F303 and the STM32L152) seems to not work well within this environment.

Step-by-Step guide on what I'm doing:

1. Change device inside the CMSIS-Manager to the STM32F303VCTx
  2. In the "CMSIS Driver" Tab, select USART Async to enable access to the USART Interface
  3. Click resolve to get other dependencies (Like CMSIS-Core, etc.)
  4. In the "Device" Tab, select STM32CbueMX
  5. Press the "Launch STM32CubeMX" Button.
  6. Inside STM32CubeMX, enable USART1 and configure it.
  7. Inside STM32CubeMX, Press Generate Code
  8. Close STM32CubeMX
  9. Try to compile

Now i get the error "Run STM32CubeMX and generate device configuration files described by FrameworkCubeMX.gpdsc" and none of the just generated configurations (like the MX_Device.h) is included in the project. I tried messing around inside the STM32CubeMX Options (Verifying the use of the template files "FrameworkCubeMX_gpdsc.ftl" and "MX_Device.h_ftl", moving the template files, moving the generated files, etc.). But nothing seems to work.

It could well be, that i'm just missing some crucial steps and i'd love to be redirected to a source which explains how to do this correctly. But i don't know if the problem lies within IAR Embedded Workbench, the CMSIS Pack or in the STM32CubeMX Software.

0 REPLIES 0