cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get this Error when trying to install the Cube Programmer V2.5.0 on Windows 10(latest update). I have installed Java jre 1.8.0_261. Thanks for any help

LBooz.1
Associate

com.izforge.izpack.api.exception.IzPackException: An error occured

• in java.lang.Thread.run() at null:-1
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.run() at UnpackerBase.java:241
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.unpack() at UnpackerBase.java:319

Caused by: com.izforge.izpack.api.exception.InstallerException: File execution failed

• in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.unpack() at UnpackerBase.java:299
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.unpack() at UnpackerBase.java:483
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.executeFiles() at UnpackerBase.java:959

15 REPLIES 15
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @LBooz.1​ ,

Would fail with this error it can be due to the conflicts between Java versions.

So please, if you have many java versions installed try to uninstall all except 1.8.0_26 and then re-install STM32CubeProgrammer.

I'd highly recommend you to run STM32CubeProgrammer using admin rights.

Hope my answer helps you. Please keep me informed about your progress on your issue.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hello Imen,

Thanks for the fast reply.

I have only Java jre1.8.0_261 and jdk1.8.0_181 installed. The jdk shouldnt be a problem, right?

I also am admin on my account and in adition tried to execute the installer as admin.

L Booz

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @LBooz.1​ ,

Can you please tell me how do you install Cubeprogrammer? You unzip the install file before? Are you using double click on exe file or command line?

This information are useful to reproduce the issue.

Best regards,

Houda

I face the same problem. I unzip the archive file and run the EXE as administrator (win10).

I've tried:

• Different versions from x64 CubeProgrammer: v2.5.0, v2.6.0, v2.7.0.
  • Uninstalled every Java installation and installed the latest (jre1.8.0_281) but tried an older one too (jre1.8.0_241). No JDK installed.
  • Selected different installation folders

This is the first error screen that pops up, then I get the same Java issue as mentioned above:

0693W000008xZBOQA2.png 

x86 version of CubeProgrammer seems to work however.

I have exactly the same error message. Tried installing Java 16 and using the 32-bit version using Admin Rights. Didn't make any difference.

NMurf.1
Associate II

Hey, is there an update on this I'm seeing the same issue - have tried multiple versions of java and cubeprogrammer

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @NMurf.1​ ,

Are you installing CubeProgrammer with admin rights?

If no can you please install it by clicking right on installer file then "Run as asdministartor"?

Houda

Hey Houda, thanks for replying!

Yes I've tried installing it with admin privileges

Cheers,

Nathan

Seeing the same issue as described in original post. Trying to install STM32CubeProgrammer v2.9.0 and already have jre1.8.0_311 installed on PC (no other Java installed, Windows 11). I also have the same error window as screen-grabbed by @AVarg.3​ and posted above--the window popup doesnt allow me to scroll down to get more information on potential system paths being accessed. Any solutions??

Just in case, I also deleted all ST products and tried to go from scratch but that didn't do anything. I have also been running the installation attempts as administrator.