cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installintg CubeProgrammer (java issue)

LBeau.1
Associate III

Hello,

I am running new windows 10 fresh install on my laptop, having issue installing BOTH CubeMX AND Cubeprog, either one of them does not launch or install or the other one does not install or launch.

If I go with java OpenJDK 8, the Cubeprog works and installs, but the Cubemx refuses to launch or install. If I remove JDK or let it be and also  install the java from this link/post, then Cubeprog does not launch or install.0693W000004JBNZQA4.jpg

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000G1xFLSAZ/installation-issue

What gives?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LBeau.1
Associate III

Hey people, I'm sorry.

0693W000004JBXuQAO.jpgIt works now when running as administrator.

But if I don't run as administrator I get the java_api prompt every single time.

My setup is as above. windows 10 new install.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LBeau.1
Associate III

Is there some sort of command prompt? technical method?

Hello @LBeau.1​ 

The root cause of this issue may be conflicts between Java versions, so please, if you have many java versions installed try to uninstall all except 1.8.0_26 and then re-install CubeProgrammer.

Best regards,

Nesrine

LBeau.1
Associate III

Hey people, I'm sorry.

0693W000004JBXuQAO.jpgIt works now when running as administrator.

But if I don't run as administrator I get the java_api prompt every single time.

My setup is as above. windows 10 new install.

Good luck.

works now, see below.

My java setup is shown on first post.

now you know...

Hi @LBeau.1​ 

The root cause of this issue may be :

- Conflicts between Java versions. So please, if you have many java versions installed try to uninstall all except 1.8.0_26 and then re-install CubeProgrammer.

- Admin rights issue with some machines. So, please try to run STM32CubeProgrammer using admin rights

Best regards,

Nesrine