cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Nucleo-F030R8 and a STM32 Discovery MB1034B which has an STM32F051R8T6 which I am programming from the STM32CubeIDE environment. They don't function the same in Device Manager definitions of capabilities.

RSimp
Associate II

Under the Device Manager "Universal Serial Bus devices" \tThe Nucleo board is identified as "ST-Link Debug" whereas the Discovery board is identified as "STM32 STLink" though they show the same driver. Further, the Nucleo creates a "COM" device which I can use for debugging serial communications, but the Discovery does not do so. Is this a limit of the Discovery device?

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

They have different ST-Link firmware. If you connect with STM32CubeProgrammer does it offer to update the firmware? You can see the firmware version on the right-hand side.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
RSimp
Associate II

Thanks TDK. It did an update when I connected it to the environment. Just now as I checked again and it said the firmware on the Discover board was the same as the version offered. At this point I assume the functionality is just not the same.