cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-NUCLEO-53L0A1 / VL53L0X Windows application not working

bouncingboffin
Associate

I am on my second X-NUCLEO-53L0A1 board, a replacement for the first board that suffered from the same problem.

I have an STM32F401RE development board and I put the X-NUCLEO-53L0A1 board with its single detector only and I get as far as the Windows application flashing the firmware on the STM32F401RE but after that it exhibits very strange behaviour.

If I am lucky, the app starts to run and I can move my hand up and down, but it doesn't run for long, maybe 15s and then it dies, it comes up with an error about timeout or over-range and then it never works again. Eventually, not working at all, i.e. getting stuck with opening COMx so I returned the board (actually I was asked to toss it in the trash) and a replacement was sent next-day delivery.

Unfortunately, the replacement board behaves in exactly the same way on every Windows computer I can find, from single core x32 right up to 32 core x64. The Windows application has no debug information at all, making it impossible to find out what the real problem is.

I am hoping someone at ST has an idea of what is going on before I have to set up an RMA for another board... I noticed the Windows application has a date of June 2020, so I wonder if something has been broken and not been noticed?

0 REPLIES 0