cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F769I-Disco - no ST-Link detected

DVito.1
Associate

Hi guys,

I am new to STM32F769I-Disco and I‘ve got an error by trying to connect the STM to my pc.

In the STM32CubeIDE 1.4.0 I got the message: No-ST-Link detected

In ST-Link-Utility i got the same message.

ST-Link-Utility -> about: ST-Link-utility: v4.5.0; USBDriver.dll v5.1.2; ST-Link cli v3.5.

Additionaly no USB-Device is shown in my device-manger and the LD8(ST-Link connection) is blinking red. The display and so on is working well. I powered the board with usbhs and LD5 is green and LD6 is red.

Before I have worked with the same pc with STM32L0 and F1and both are ok. I’m able to connect in the IDE and in ST-Link-Utilities.

The ST-Link Debug version is 2.1.0.0.

I dont know what goes wrong.. I changed the usb cables and ports but no success.

Does anyone have an idea where the problem is ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DVito.1
Associate

Thanks guys.

I got a new USB cable and changed the USB port again, but unfortunately no connection.

So I reinstalled the IDE and TouchGFX and now everything works. Maybe I did something wrong with the installation, I dont know

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Make sure you're not using charging cables.

Make sure you're connecting to the STLINK USB connector.

Make sure computer doesn't have policy settings regarding USB MSC, or AV software doing same.​

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Mike_ST
ST Employee

No idea,

But, please download STSW-LINK007 (ST-LINK upgrade utility) and

execute "ST-LinkUpgrade.exe -CheckVer" in a Windows Command Prompt.

CN3 has to be on "stlk" position.

if the ST-LINK chip is ok you should have a version number.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Consider also bad cable and connectors.

DVito.1
Associate

Thanks guys.

I got a new USB cable and changed the USB port again, but unfortunately no connection.

So I reinstalled the IDE and TouchGFX and now everything works. Maybe I did something wrong with the installation, I dont know