cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to map description of pin in CubeMX to datasheet

Singh.Harjit
Senior II

I'm configuring an STM32G474VEH and I right clicked on pin PA3 and I get the attached popup dialog.

The datasheet has OPAMP1_VINM / OPAMP1_VINP / OPAMP5_VINM.

How do these each of these three items map to the entries in the list below?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hi @Singh.Harjit​ ,

Referring to RM 0440 "Table 200.Operational amplifier possible connection", these extra-signals are needed, each according to the chosen mode.

For OPAMPX_VINM_SEC, we just use it if we activate the Timer Controlled Mux mode.

So there's no CubeMX issue, but waiting for DS update.

Best Regards,

Khouloud

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

There is no image attached, and no "list below".

Pins are used by analog peripherals by putting them in analog mode. See:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeG4/tree/3e5243a22addb3cd323dba491eaf43c85ff448f3/Projects/STM32G474E-EVAL/Examples/OPAMP/OPAMP_PGA_ExternalBias

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Singh.Harjit
Senior II

Sorry the picture didn't come through. Weird - it was in the version I composed. Trying again.

I left click on ball PA3 and this menu pops up (see STM32CubeMX).

Since I'm working with opamp1, what do the following mean:

OPAM1_VINM

OPAM1_VINM0

OPAM1_VINM_SEC

OPAM1_VINP

OPAM1_VINP_SEC

STM32CubeMX:

0693W000004J0GmQAK.png

Datasheet - DS12288 Rev 4, page 61:0693W000004J0MVQA0.png

Reference manual - RM0440 Rev 4, page 800:

0693W000004J0OHQA0.png

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @Singh.Harjit​ 

This will be internally checked.

Thanks

Khouloud

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hi @Singh.Harjit​ ,

Referring to RM 0440 "Table 200.Operational amplifier possible connection", these extra-signals are needed, each according to the chosen mode.

For OPAMPX_VINM_SEC, we just use it if we activate the Timer Controlled Mux mode.

So there's no CubeMX issue, but waiting for DS update.

Best Regards,

Khouloud

Singh.Harjit
Senior II

A suggestion for the CubeMX team - please make all pin configuration available. For example, in the bit definition for VP_SEL, I can select three inputs VINP0, VINP1 and VINP2 in the registers but CubeMX doesn't let me setup pins for these. I can setup the primary pin and then have to make the pin an GPIO_Analog which is confusing because it would be nice to know which pin i've mapped to which opamp/mux input in CubeMX.