cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why when I set the baud rate for an UART pin I have to set it to 3 times the desired value?

RPred.1
Associate

Hello, I have an issue with Cube IDE and a Nucleo-F722ZE board. When I want a baud rate of 9600 for the UART port I need to set it to 28800 inside Cube IDE for it to be the desired value. I've tested this with two different UART adapters and both indicate that this is really happening.

UART parameters

0693W000004IfSxQAK.png

Clock configuration of the board (the default one, I haven't changed anything here)

0693W000004IgBnQAK.png

Thank you very much for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Probably what is happening is the HSE clock source on the board is 8 MHz while your code assumes it is 25 MHz.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

Probably what is happening is the HSE clock source on the board is 8 MHz while your code assumes it is 25 MHz.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

That was it, thank you so much. I didn't even think about that and just assumed the default board config will know that value too. You saved me from a lot of frustration.