cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does STMicroelectronics allow TrueAtollic Studio downloads for business that are going to start?

Sashvat
Associate II

Hi everyone, I am about to download TrueAtollic studio for my windows computer, but when requesting a download for the IDE, it is asking for a business email id and choose between non-commercial and business, I only have a personal email ID.

But I am yet to start my business, I would like to use the code on trueatollic/STM32CubeIDE on my products, but worried any complications when I download with the non-commercial option when I haven't even started my business and my product goes on sale.

Is the same also true for STMCubeIDE? Which option should I select? And how should I go about using STM's IDE's in my product for commercial use? What are the procedures that I need to follow to put the code into my products for commercial use?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Hi, Sashvat,

Atollic was a company that was aqcuired by STMicroelectronics a few years ago. Before that there was a separation into a private and a commercial license. Since the acquisition, there is no longer a dedicated commercial license that you have to pay for, but a new Software License Agreement and some other agreements, mentioned at the download site, you have to accept to use Atollic Truestudio.

But anyway: Atollic Truestudio was frozen in version 9.3.0 and is no longer being developed as it is now being replaced by STM32CubeIDE, the use of which is strongly recommended. Of course there is also some license agreement to download and use that software, which you may also use for commercial purposes. You will find all of the agreements at the very bottom of the documentation site of STM32CubeIDE.

Does it answer your question?

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.