cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO READ THE VALUES OF THE SENSORS ON THE STEVAL-BCN0021V1B IN THE ST SENSOR BLE APP

KObir.1
Associate II

I just received my order for an STEVAL-BCN0021V1B kit.

I installed a new and properly working CR2032 battery in the STEVAL-BCN002V1 board. I have checked for correct voltage at the VDD and GND test points

I have installed the ST BLE SENSOR app on both an iPhone and on Android phone. The iOS version 4.6.4 while the Android version is 4.7.2

How do i see or read the values of the sensors on the STEVAL-BCN002V1 board

I am able to see a list of bluetooth devices when I use OPEN BLE TOOLBOX icon. What is the name used by the STEVAL-BCN002V1 board? I cannot see the board in the list. I have the board literally sitting on the iOS and Android devices

I have also checked for Bluetooth devices on the phones Bluetooth devices identification list and I do not see the STEVAL-BCN002V1 board or sensors for that matter

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @KObir.1​ ,

I'm not an expert on this design kit, but you could try with flashing the BLE_SensorDemo you can find in the STSW-BLUETILE-DK package, before connecting and running the smartphone app. No need to use an IDE or additional hardware if you just want to flash the executable, but you can simply download, install, run STSW-BNRGFLASHER utility to Flash BlueNRG-2 (reference manual UM2406).

Further procedural details can also be found here.

-Eleon

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @KObir.1​ ,

please let us know if you did some progress in your application, and whether the shared information was useful.

-Eleon