cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 ADC low impedance input buffer

Matt Blessinger
Associate III

I'm planning on using a STM32H750IBK6 to measure some high-speed analog signals. I will use the 2 direct channels to measure the signals as fast as possible. Per Table 183 of the datasheet max sampling rate is achieved when the analog external input resistance is less than 47 Ohms. My circuit comes from a higher impedance source than that, so I will need an opamp buffer to provide the low impedance source.

Is there an example buffer circuit or even part number that is advised to achieve <47 Ohm input impedance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nikita91
Lead II

A high speed ADC requires a short settling time, therefore a high current.

Most OPAs have an output resistance of less than 47 Ohms, however 47 Ohms for 3.3V gives 70mA of current. This is a criterion to be taken into account.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nikita91
Lead II

A high speed ADC requires a short settling time, therefore a high current.

Most OPAs have an output resistance of less than 47 Ohms, however 47 Ohms for 3.3V gives 70mA of current. This is a criterion to be taken into account.

Matt Blessinger
Associate III

Thank you for the input. The datasheet lists a minimum sampling time of 74ns, which is ~13.6MHz, so I'm guessing I want an opamp that has bandwidth several times that. Plus unity gain stable and 70mA output capability.