cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE shows Project folder with red crosses while 0 errors and 0 warnings

Jack3
Senior II

In the Project Explorer, STM32CubeIDE 1.4.2 shows two Project folders with Red cross icon.

Within the folders there are no files with such crosses.

After a rebuild, it reports: "Build Finished. 0 errors, 0 warnings".

The folders where created under the project-root on the disk, and in the Project Explorer they exist under the Application -> User folder, which are Virtual Folders. Those have a red cross (The red crosses propagate to the top in the project tree).

This was a former TrueSTUDIO project, which I imported in STM32CubeIDE, it compiles and runs fine.

Why are there red crosses, if there are 0 errors, 0 warnings?

I think it has to do with they existence of the extra folders.

How can I adjust the project or STM32CubeIDE so they disappear when there are no errors?

Update, it now is a Yellow Triangle on folders, while no files are marked as such.

An improvement. 🙂 I will just ignore it, as there is no solution for this cosmetic problem.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Jack​ 

Could you please share your project to check with.

Best regards,

Nesrine

ALins.2
Associate II

I had red X's on a particular virtual folder after migrating a TrueSTUDIO 9.3.0 project into STM32CubeIDE v1.7.0. Closing the project and IDE didn't help. Only the folders had the red X -- no problems were listed and no source file had a red X. Also no build errors.

I closed the project, deleted the com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.MCUTSConvertedProjectNature nature (listed in the .project file), and re-opened the project. No more red X's!

Then I closed the project, restored the .project file, and reopened the project. Still no red X's!

It would be nice if there was a some place to look (tooltip, log, dialog...) that explained why the red X's are shown when they are displayed.

Yellow triangles may be due to unresolved file locations. Highlight the folder or file in Project Explorer, then check the Properties tab to see if the location is able to be resolved.