cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX 6.0.1 with STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32H7 Series version 1.8.0 unchecks the MicroLIB checkbox

Rajeev Arora
Senior

Hello,

I have an IOC file, which was generated with help of STM32CubeMX

MxCube.Version=5.6.1

MxDb.Version=DB.5.0.60

When I open this project to update the Keil project (which has Keil Compiler version 6 selected), with STM32CubeMX version 6.0.1 (with STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32H7 series version 1.8.0), and generate code, the STM32CubeMX deselects the MicroLIB check box.

I am observing the code is not behaving as expected with MicroLIB disabled / unchecked.

As the issue is not observed when using the ULINKpro debugger (which I am using to find the reason for the issue) I am unable to find the reason for different behavior of the same code just based on whether the MicroLIB is in use or not in use.

Please help with resolving my concern.

Thanks,

Rajeev

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MChec.1
Associate

I find this answer to be not acceptable. If there is an issue with using Keil's MicroLib, then it should be described in the release notes. If there is no issue with linking in MicroLIb, then do not reconfigure the project file. It is quite annoying to have to recheck a project file setting every time I regenerate a configuration. What other project settings are you changing behind my back?

Second, manipulating a project file, just to hide some compile warning is not ever acceptable. Transparency is paramount here. Let the warnings be issued, at least the users will be able to deal with them. Better yet, fix the code before you release it.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Rajeev Arora
Senior

7 ZIP file with sample IOC and UVPROJX file available with issue https://community.st.com/s/feed/0D53W00000JhsNISAZ

Rajeev Arora
Senior

Please help.

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @Rajeev Arora​ 

It will be internally checked.

Best Regards,

Khouloud

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hi @Rajeev Arora​ 

After checking, this is not a bug but a change made by our development team on H7 & MP1 to avoid some compilation errors, the user can activate the MicroLIB on Keil at the end if it is necessary for his project (once your MX setup is complete).

Best Regards,

Khouloud

Hello @Khouloud ZEMMELI​  ,

Thanks for sharing the update.

from your inputs I understand that every time I generate the code with help of IOC file, the MicroLIB setting (even if enabled) in the existing UVPROJX file will get updated to unchecked, and then I will have to manually add that setting with help of Keil IDE or by making change to the UVPROJX file (by opening it in a text editor).

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks,

Rajeev

Yes, because MX force the MicroLIB to be unchecked for H7 and MP1, so every time you re-generate code MicroLIB will take the MX configuration.

Thanks for your understanding and you're always welcome.

Regards,

Khouloud

hello, i have a same question. mx version 5.6.1, re-generate code ,it don't change the MicroLIB setting. mx version 6.0.1 updated to unchecked.  this is not a bug?

Hi @cjing.1​ 

No it's not a bug.

Regards,

Khouloud

MChec.1
Associate

I find this answer to be not acceptable. If there is an issue with using Keil's MicroLib, then it should be described in the release notes. If there is no issue with linking in MicroLIb, then do not reconfigure the project file. It is quite annoying to have to recheck a project file setting every time I regenerate a configuration. What other project settings are you changing behind my back?

Second, manipulating a project file, just to hide some compile warning is not ever acceptable. Transparency is paramount here. Let the warnings be issued, at least the users will be able to deal with them. Better yet, fix the code before you release it.