cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX 6.0.1 with STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32H7 Series version 1.8.0 adds bad value to Keil UVPROJX file

Rajeev Arora
Senior

Hello,

I am currently using STM32CubeMX version 6.0.1 with STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32H7 Series version 1.8.0. The generated code executes when using ULINKpro, but does not execute when Reset signal is given to microcontroller or Power to Microcontroller is recycled.

When I open a IOC project that was created with below STM32CubeMX version with STM32CubeMX latest version 6.0.1, it asks for migrating the project.

MxCube.Version=5.6.1
 MxDb.Version=DB.5.0.60

Once I migrate the project I save and close it. Then open the IOC again and generate code.

Below issue is observed when Toolchain / IDE: MDK-ARM (minimum version 5.27) is selected and Source code is generated.

<uC99>1</uC99><uGnu>1</uGnu>

When the earlier STM32CubeMX (version 5.6.1 was in use along with STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32H7 Series version 1.7.0) the generated Keil UVPROJX file had below values:

<uC99>1</uC99><uGnu>0</uGnu>

Please fix the bug by ensuring that 

<uGnu>0</uGnu>

is added to Keil UVPROJX file.

Regards,

@rxa1031

8 REPLIES 8
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @Rajeev Arora​ 

Could you please share your ioc file ?

Thanks,

Khouloud

Hello @Khouloud ZEMMELI​  ,

I attached the sample IOC file and the generated Keil UVPROJX file ZIP to case https://community.st.com/s/feed/0D53W00000JhsNISAZ

You may please use the same IOC file.

Regards,

Rajeev

Rajeev Arora
Senior

Is ST releasing a new STM32CubeMX with fix for this issue?

Regards,

Rajeev

@Rajeev Arora​  I need your ioc file created with 5.6.1 CubeMX version where the result is : <uGnu>0</uGnu>

Thanks

Khouloud

Please find attached both the IOC files that were generated using STM32CubeMX versions 5.6.1. and 6.0.1

When the IOC files are opened with STM32CubeMX 6.0.1 and the code is generated the STM32CubeMX version 6.0.1 is adding both uGcc and uC99 as 1 to UVPROJX file.

Regards,

Rajeev

Hi @Rajeev Arora​ 

This will be internally checked , honestly, it's difficult for this release, I'll give you an update as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Khouloud

Rajeev Arora
Senior

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7/issues/65Hello @Khouloud ZEMMELI​ ,

This issue persists even with STM32CubeMX version 6.1.0 with STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32H7 Series version 1.8.0

Issue 65 was reported under STM32CubeH7 Github Issues. But the forum informs that the issue must be taken care by STM32CubeMX team. The reported issue has been closed by STM32CubeH7 forum.

May you please help me understand whether this is a STM32CubeMX issue or the STM32CubeH7 MCU package issue?

Regards,

Rajeev

I think this is related to CubeMX and not to FW version.

it's under analysis from Mx side.

Best Regards,

Khouloud