cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-SPIN3201

oleg_sidorovich_1981
Associate II

Where is pin on  STEVAL-SPIN3201 for connected other signals - from gyro or control signals? (Can I use UART? )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dario CUCCHI
Senior II

Hi @oleg_sidorovich_1981​ ,

To communicate with other devices you have two possibilities:

1) UART or I2C, both mapped on PB6 and PB7 pin of the STSPIN32F0.

If you choose this option, remember to disconnect the STLINK present on board by removing R78 and R79 resistors.

Use connector J7 to bring the signals on the STEVAL-SPIN3201.

However, consider that in this way the virtual COM interface is no more available: so for example you cannot use the MCSDK monitor to send commands to the board.

2) Another different way to communicate is to use simple GPIOs on the peripherals not used: for example if you don't use Hall sensors, use PA0, PA1 and PA2 lines. You can easily access them using connector J4. Note that each line has a pull up resistor.

In this case the virtual COM interface can be used.

All the Best !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dario CUCCHI
Senior II

Hi @oleg_sidorovich_1981​ ,

To communicate with other devices you have two possibilities:

1) UART or I2C, both mapped on PB6 and PB7 pin of the STSPIN32F0.

If you choose this option, remember to disconnect the STLINK present on board by removing R78 and R79 resistors.

Use connector J7 to bring the signals on the STEVAL-SPIN3201.

However, consider that in this way the virtual COM interface is no more available: so for example you cannot use the MCSDK monitor to send commands to the board.

2) Another different way to communicate is to use simple GPIOs on the peripherals not used: for example if you don't use Hall sensors, use PA0, PA1 and PA2 lines. You can easily access them using connector J4. Note that each line has a pull up resistor.

In this case the virtual COM interface can be used.

All the Best !

How I can control motor without Hall sensors or encoder. I am going to use it. Please explane me can I use any pins without removing resistors? 

Because if I removed resistors I can not debbuging via USB? I need to debbug via USB and connect others sensors. May be this is PB7, PB6, PA14, PA13?

Dario CUCCHI
Senior II

Every GPIO of the STSPIN32F0 is connected on board, so you must remove resistors, otherwise there are conflict on the lines.

There are control algorithms like FOC sensorless which works without sensors, but if you need to use them of course you cannot use PA0 PA1 PA2 lines.

The code debugger works through the SWD interface (PA13, PA14), UART or I2C is available on PB6 and PB7 but you must remove R78 and R79 resistors.

This is all that you can do with  STEVAL-SPIN3201, I can't see other options.

Have a good day !

Can I use PA13 and PA14 without remove R78 and R79?

Dario CUCCHI
Senior II

I'm afraid you cannot do that. PA13 and PA14 are used for the SWD interface. In other words, they are used to download and debug the code in the STSPIN32F0.