cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-SMARTAG1 Temperature and humidity sensor don't work after flash FP-SNS-SMARTAG1 Version 3.0.0

JCast.5
Associate

I bought a NFC board STEVAL-SMARTAG1. I tested all functions and all were working fine.

I downloaded the version 3.0.0 of FP-SNS-SMARTAG1 there is avaliable at https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/fp-sns-smartag1.html

After I flash, the app read the first value correctly, but after that all values frozen with the first value. Everytime that I mass erase the flash and record again, the NFC sensor answer correctly only the first time and after freeze the values. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Salvatore Curti
ST Employee

Hi,

The board STEVAL-SMARTAG1can work with and without the battery.

1) Without battery, the board works in harvesting mode and only "one shot" (with the STBLESensor app) option you can be use. In order to read different values of the temperature and humidity, you must unplag and re-plag the mobile onto the STEVAL-SMARTAG1 board.

2) With battery, in order to read different values of the temperature and humidity in "one shot" (with the STBLESensor app) option, you must unplag and re-plag the battery and after re-plag the mobile onto the STEVAL-SMARTAG1 board.

This procedure (1) and (2) are necessary becouse the values read in "one shot" mode are written onto NFC EEPROM after the initialization and only one time (before the aplication cicle).

I hope this answer is usefull for you.

Regards,

Salvatore Curti.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Salvatore Curti
ST Employee

Hi,

The board STEVAL-SMARTAG1can work with and without the battery.

1) Without battery, the board works in harvesting mode and only "one shot" (with the STBLESensor app) option you can be use. In order to read different values of the temperature and humidity, you must unplag and re-plag the mobile onto the STEVAL-SMARTAG1 board.

2) With battery, in order to read different values of the temperature and humidity in "one shot" (with the STBLESensor app) option, you must unplag and re-plag the battery and after re-plag the mobile onto the STEVAL-SMARTAG1 board.

This procedure (1) and (2) are necessary becouse the values read in "one shot" mode are written onto NFC EEPROM after the initialization and only one time (before the aplication cicle).

I hope this answer is usefull for you.

Regards,

Salvatore Curti.