cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to configure the LSM6DSOX sensor without STEVAL-MKI109V3?

SMatt
Associate

I would like to configure the LSM6DSOX sensor using unico-gui as shown in step-by step tutorial on youtube but I do not have the LSM6DSOX. I would like to know if it is possible to do the same thing using the NUCLEO-L476RG and X-NUCLEO-IKS02A2 or is mandatory to use X-NUCLEO-IKS02A3.

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @SMatt​ ,

Of course you must have a LSM6DSOX to configure the MLC 😉

You can use different platforms from STEVAL-MKI109V3, for example the X-NUCLEO-IKS02A2 and X-NUCLEO-IKS02A3 boards (together with a NUCLEO-L476RG), but you have to use a STEVAL-MKI197V1. If you want to configure the MLC, I suggest you to do the acquisition with your LSM6DSOX, and then you can work in "offline mode" with Unico-GUI: you have to uncheck the "Communication" flag and you can upload the LSM6DSOX data acquired with the other platforms and configure the device in the way shown in the tutorial.

0693W000004IJpZQAW.jpg

Please let me know if I well understood your request.

-Eleon

SMatt
Associate

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ thank you so much for reply.

Sorry but I make a mistake into the question.

I have the STEVAL-MKI197V1, the X-NUCLEO-IKS02A2 and the NUCLEO-L476RG but I do not have only the STEVAL-MKI109V3.

The problem is that when I try to configure the sensor, UNICO gives me this error: "The device selected is not supported by the motherboard".

For the NUCLEO-L476RG and X-NUCLEO-IKS02A2 I've generated different firmware with AlgoBuild but when I try to start with UNICO selecting the sensor I get the same error. Maybe I did something wrong creating the firmware able to communicate with the STEVAL-MKI197V1? What's the correct way to generate one for NUCLEO-L476RG + X-NUCLEO-IKS02A2 + STEVAL-MKI197V1?

Hi @SMatt​ ,

I correctly have understood that you don't have the STEVAL-MKI109V3.

You cannot interface the NUCLEO-L476RG + X-NUCLEO-IKS02A2 + STEVAL-MKI197V1 with Unico-GUI, since the correct GUI to use for the X-NUCLEO-IKSxxx expansion boards is UNICLEO-GUI.

Using Unicleo-GUI interface, you can acquire and plot the data as also Unico does, but you cannot directly use the MLC feature (Machine Learning Core) which is the distinctive feature of the LSM6DSOX. To configure this particular digital feature, you have to use Unico in offline mode as described above (no need to connect it to any board), after you have acquired data with the Unicleo-GUI.

-Eleon