cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best STM LCD board for monitoring?

FAlba.1
Associate

Hello, want to make a full analog synthesizer with just a screen for monitoring. We would therefore need a lot of ADC and GPIO pins to know the potentiometer value. We have seen STM boards with integrated LCDs, it would help us enormously but I cannot find the pins which are free to retrieve the information from the synthesizer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, there is of course a reason that the boards are called e.g. DISCOVERY or EVAL. They are intended to demonstrate the functionality of the controller and possibly be used to create your own systems, not to use them in an application. Have you read the Evaluation Board Terms of Use that can be found on each website for these kits?

Some of the DISCOVERY kits have a few free pins which can be used for some tests. However, you need to find them using the schematics and documentation.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, there is of course a reason that the boards are called e.g. DISCOVERY or EVAL. They are intended to demonstrate the functionality of the controller and possibly be used to create your own systems, not to use them in an application. Have you read the Evaluation Board Terms of Use that can be found on each website for these kits?

Some of the DISCOVERY kits have a few free pins which can be used for some tests. However, you need to find them using the schematics and documentation.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Very few pins tend to be available on these boards as they are usually heavily committed.

The Arduino shield header exposes the most, but I'd recommend building an interface board to collect the pot data and drive GPIO, like a "Port Extender"

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..