cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write data into st25dv04k using i2c ?

Mpraj.19
Associate II

i am trying to write data using i2cset function of linux but when i write 00 value to 0x01 and read same addreess it returns me 00 value.

root@var-som-mx6:~# i2cset -y 2 0x53 0x00 0x01

root@var-som-mx6:~# i2cdump -f -y 2 0x53

No size specified (using byte-data access)

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f   0123456789abcdef

00: 00 00 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff   ................

10: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff   ................

20: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff   ................

30: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff   ................

40: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff   ................

50: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff   ................

60: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff   ................

70: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff   ................

80: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff   ................

90: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff   ................

a0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff   ................

b0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff   ................

c0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff   ................

d0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff   ................

e0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff   ................

f0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff   ................

root@var-som-mx6:~#

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ronald B.
Associate III

Hello Mpraj.19,

From my understanding, you cannot use i2cset and i2cdump to consistently access the ST25DV-I2C memory, because this device requires 2 bytes for internal address (while these commands only accept 1 byte of register address).

Maybe the first byte written of i2cset could be used as the 2nd addressing byte, but this trick cannot work for the i2cdump.

Also, the ST25DV-I2C as an internal address counter and when you do an "i2cdump -f -y 2 0x53" you're actually reading from this internal address counter (and not from offset 0).

Please note as well that after a write the internal address counter poinst to the next address after the one that was written.

However I'm pleased to let you know that we just released the STSW-ST25DV007 software package providing a Linux user space driver for the ST25DV-I2C, available here:

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/st25-nfc-rfid-software/stsw-st25dv007.html#overview

This software package comes with a User Manual for easy ramp-up.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

​Hello,

Please be aware that memory addresses are coded on 2 bytes in the ST25DV04K. You may try 0x53 0x00 0x00 0x01 (the 0x00 0x00 are the memory address pointer and 0x01 is the data to be written).

Best regards.

Ronald B.
Associate III

Hello Mpraj.19,

From my understanding, you cannot use i2cset and i2cdump to consistently access the ST25DV-I2C memory, because this device requires 2 bytes for internal address (while these commands only accept 1 byte of register address).

Maybe the first byte written of i2cset could be used as the 2nd addressing byte, but this trick cannot work for the i2cdump.

Also, the ST25DV-I2C as an internal address counter and when you do an "i2cdump -f -y 2 0x53" you're actually reading from this internal address counter (and not from offset 0).

Please note as well that after a write the internal address counter poinst to the next address after the one that was written.

However I'm pleased to let you know that we just released the STSW-ST25DV007 software package providing a Linux user space driver for the ST25DV-I2C, available here:

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/st25-nfc-rfid-software/stsw-st25dv007.html#overview

This software package comes with a User Manual for easy ramp-up.

Regards