cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB1166 Touchscreen change

brianshankland9
Associate II

Hello I've been using the MB1166 display for some time, but I noticed with the latest units the I2C device has been changed from a FT6206 to the FT6306.

These are means to be software compatible, however our devices do not detect the FT6306 device on the I2C bus (NACK when trying to read back the device ID) .

Both devices are quoted to have the same electrical characteristics so has anyone else encountered a similar issue and hopefully has a solution?

3 REPLIES 3
brianshankland9
Associate II

Looks like the device I2C address will be difference, but usefully this is not listed in any of the suppliers documentation.

I found that the FT6236 address was 0x38 (just in case anyone was looking for this) but so far have not been able to find the address for the FT6336 so if anyone knows what it is please post below for me and probably the hundreds of other designers that will find this missing from the documentation sets.

brianshankland9
Associate II

Have eventually found it in a google source code, it is address 0x70 for anyone else who needs it.

JLako.1
Associate II

Do you remember if the library for FT6206 is also working with FT6336? Is changing the I2C address sufficient in order to make it run?