cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSM Bring up on Snapdragon platform Android 8 OS

GBG.1
Associate

Hi,

I am trying to bring up LSM6DSM sensor with snapdragon based board via SPI interface.

How to modify the android HIDL layer for this.

What all other interfaces need to be changed?

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @GBG.1​ ,

Did you already performed some tests to understand

I would suggest you to check the STM Github repository of the Sensors for Android drivers: they define a standard interface for STM sensors allowing Android to be agnostic about lower-level driver implementations.

For the LSM6DSM in particular, you should check the conf_LSM6DSM.h file, together with the HAL.

-Eleon

This sensor is not listed in the QTI reference design, Is STM provides any driver with SEE

Hi @GBG.1​ ,

I have checked internally, but we are not yet sure if you need SEE driver or native Linux driver. Can you please verify if your sensor is connected to Snapdragon application processor(AP) or on Snapdragon SLPI?

• If it’s on AP, then standard Linux driver would be ok (the one I share to you in the previous comment)
  • If it’s on SLPI, the HAL will be provided by QCOM and SEE driver by ST
    • We normally release our driver to our FAEs and they release to end customer (except for few strategic one like Samsung , Google where we directly release the driver);
    • User typically need to have signed agreement with QCOM for accessing both them SLPI code and SEE driver.

Please let me know which of the above is you case.

-Eleon