cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I use a F103 or F4 to drive dual motor? Whice one is a better choice? Why the MCSDK v5.4.3 in dual motor app;ication do not support the F103 serials chip, but MCSDK v4.3 do support? 如果想设计一款�?�路驱动,主控芯片应该选用F103还是F4系列?哪一个更好?

LYang
Associate II

0693W000004Hn0PQAS.pngSo as the title. I'm going to design a motor drive which can drive two motor. (Seems like Odrive). Inorder to reduce the cost, I want to use the F103 as my MCU.

如题所示,我想�?设计一款�?�路电机驱动。(有点类似开�?电机驱动Odrive)。为了节约�?本,我希望使用STM32F103作为我的MCU。​

First time I planned to use the MCSDK v4.3 to design my motor driver, and luckly it support F103 in dual motor application. (The chip choosed list showed )

刚开始,我计划使用MCSDK v4.3去设计我的电机驱动,�?�常幸�?,MCSDK v4.3的dual motor模�?支�?F103(在它的芯片选择列表里�?�以找到F103)​

After while, I got a new idea——"the newest MCSDK may have fewer bugs as the ST had improved it", so I dowloaded the newest version MCSDK v5.4.3 and found that it's dual motor model do not support F103 in dual motor application. (can't find F103 in chip choosed list )

过了一会儿,我有了一个新的想法——“最新版本的MCSDK应该会有更少的错误,因为ST公�?��?�级了版本,完善了它�?​,所以我下载了最新的版本MCSDK v5.4.3,然�?��?�现它的dual motor模�?�?支�?F103。(在它的芯片选择列表里找�?到F103)

Then I'm puzzled. That's why I'm here.

如此令人困惑,所以我�?�到了这里(论�?�)​

Flow is my question:

1. Should I use a F103 or F4 to drive dual motor? Whice one is a better choice? 
  2. Why the MCSDK v5.4.3 in dual motor application do not support the F103 serials chip, but MCSDK v4.3 do support?
  3. Why did ST company cancel support for F103 in the dual motor mode of MCSDK v5.4.3? (It was originally supported in v4.3?)
  4. Is there any document of website can I find the difference between v5.4.3 or v4.3?

Please give me some clues.

以下是我的问题:

1. 我应该使用F103还是F4作为�?�路驱动�?�的MCU?哪一个选择更好?
  2. 为什么 MCSDK v5.4.3的�?�电机模�?(dual motor model)�?支�?F103而MCSDK v4.3支�??
  3. ST公�?�是出于什么原因,让MCSDK v5.4.3的�?�电机模�?�?�消支�?F103?(原本在v4.3中是支�?的?)
  4. 我在哪里�?�以找到有关v5.4.3和v4.3差别的资料�?文档�?或者网站?

请给我一些线索

As the Odrive used F405 as it's dual motor driver's MCU, should I use an F4 too?

开�?电机驱动�?�Odrive使用了F405作为其�?�路电机驱动�?�的MCU,所以我也应该选择使用F4?​

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cedric H
ST Employee

Hi LYang

Should I use a F103 or F4 to drive dual motor? Whice one is a better choice? 

The new MCSDK 5.x does not support anymore the dual drive motor for F1 series.

If you use your own algorithm, I advise you the F4, but the best choice is a F303 or a G4.

Why did ST company cancel support for F103 in the dual motor mode of MCSDK v5.4.3? (It was originally supported in v4.3?)

The main reason is that the MCSDK aims to configure ST board, and the STM32F1 evaluation board supporting dual motors are not recommended for new design.

F1 is now prety old, and we introduced new products more dedicated to motorcontrol. like F3 and G4 that supports dualdrive too.

Is there any document of website can I find the difference between v5.4.3 or v4.3

The main motivation was to switch to the new library HAL/LL.

v4.3 is now end of life. FW architecture has changed, and code is now generated based on your config making it much more readable.

Regards

Cedric

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @LYang​ 

We will try to answer ASAP to your questions.

Please, next time, according to our 3STM32 Motor control" forum rules, open one post for each question.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Ok, thanks for your reminding. But I think they are the same question in different words, that's why I put them together. Next time I'll "open one post for each question".

I'm looking forward to receive your answer.

Best regards

Yang ...

cedric H
ST Employee

Hi LYang

Should I use a F103 or F4 to drive dual motor? Whice one is a better choice? 

The new MCSDK 5.x does not support anymore the dual drive motor for F1 series.

If you use your own algorithm, I advise you the F4, but the best choice is a F303 or a G4.

Why did ST company cancel support for F103 in the dual motor mode of MCSDK v5.4.3? (It was originally supported in v4.3?)

The main reason is that the MCSDK aims to configure ST board, and the STM32F1 evaluation board supporting dual motors are not recommended for new design.

F1 is now prety old, and we introduced new products more dedicated to motorcontrol. like F3 and G4 that supports dualdrive too.

Is there any document of website can I find the difference between v5.4.3 or v4.3

The main motivation was to switch to the new library HAL/LL.

v4.3 is now end of life. FW architecture has changed, and code is now generated based on your config making it much more readable.

Regards

Cedric

Thank you very much. I've got it.😉