cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging with SPC5Studio and UDE

NBula.1
Associate III

Hi,

I am trying to upload a code to my SPC570S-DISP development board, but I am having an issue with the debugging tool UDE. I searched for this issue in the forum and I have tried all the solutions given and none of it work. When I try to debug from SPC5Studio I get this error,

0693W000004HAWCQA4.png

And when I try to use the UDE STK tool I get this error,

Message from component 'PpcJtagTargIntf' :

Can't connect target !

Message from component 'PpcJtagTargIntf' :

No JTAG client found !

Please check:

- target power supply

- JTAG cable connection

- target configuration

I have created a case with ST, and so far no one has been able to figure out what the problem is. As I saw from the posts in the forum, many users are having this problem. Please be kind enough to look into this matter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello ,

Average Power Output :

The average power of a USB port is about 5 volts. Your USB device will be able to draw out a maximum of 500 milliamperes (mA), but most default to 100 mA until prompted to provide more power by the device software. FTDI Chip and the board require more power than 500 mA, it may work not at all while plugged into your computer.

could you plug the USB Cable into USB Port of your Laptop (High Power) ?

Best regards

Erwan

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

Hello ,

PLS Eclipse Plugins (32 bits) and SPC5Studio 6.0 (64bits) last eclipse ecore are not compliant anymore.

it worked only on SPC5Studio 5.8.1 (32 bits)

PLS should deliver a new plugin in Q1 202.

I recommend to use PLS in external use.

http://www.pls-mc.com/spc5-udestk-udestk

Please uncheck this option0693W000004ICIOQA4.png

Best regards

Erwan

Hi,

I unchecked this option. When the debug button is pressed, the UDE STK software launches. However, no file is opened, only the blank software window. Then I tried opening the debug.wsx and I get this error,

0693W000004IEIqQAO.png

I am powering the board using a 12V power supply. Are there any settings that I should change in the target interface setup? I have uploaded the connection error log. I tried changing the .cfg file in the debug.wsx file from "spc570s_discovery_debug_jtag.cfg" to "stm_spc570s50_velvety_discovery_starterkit_debug_jtag.cfg" since it was stated in one of the discussions. I followed the steps to setup the VCP port for the device as well.

0693W000004IELKQA4.png

I contacted PLS as well. And according to them, it is a power issue. Please help me in this matter.

Thank you.

NBula.1
Associate III

Hi,

A reminder about the question I asked

Hello ,

I am checking with the board in the lab bench. (spc570s_discovery)

Could you send me the version of your board ?

Best regards

Erwan

Hi Erwan,

Thank you for the reply. In the product delivery note it says the Release version is 1.0.

Don' t know whether this is the correct value.

Nisal

Hi Erwan,

Any update on this matter.

Nisal

Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

Hello ,

i had a similar problem.

In plugging the USB cable to USB port (High Voltage).

i can flash and debug.

could you plug the USB Cable into USB Port (High Voltage) ?

Best Regards

Erwan

Hi Erwan,

I am not clear. Could you explain what I should do?

Nisal

Hello ,

Average Power Output :

The average power of a USB port is about 5 volts. Your USB device will be able to draw out a maximum of 500 milliamperes (mA), but most default to 100 mA until prompted to provide more power by the device software. FTDI Chip and the board require more power than 500 mA, it may work not at all while plugged into your computer.

could you plug the USB Cable into USB Port of your Laptop (High Power) ?

Best regards

Erwan