cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"stm32mp15-no-scmi.dtsi:103.1-5 Label or path dsi not found"

AMurr.2282
Associate III

When building a distro for our custom board with a STM32MP153AAC, u-boot-stm32mp fails to build when UBOOT_CONFIG is set to "basic". We would like to do a ddr3 test, this is the reason for the config.

Here is the relevant section from conf/machine/stm32mp1-raichu-v2.conf file

###########################################################################
#
# User machine customization sections
#
###########################################################################

# Boot Scheme
# =========================================================================
BOOTSCHEME_LABELS += "trusted"
# WORKAROUND to generate U-BOOT SPL for DDR Tuning tools usage
UBOOT_CONFIG += "basic"

It seems that the dsi block is defined in arch/arm/dts/stm32mp157.dtsi, but we have a stm32mp153, and the device tree generated by CubeMX only includes stm32mp153.dtsi. So obviously, this isn't going to work:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/meta-st-stm32mp/blob/dunfell/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-stm32mp/0004-ARM-v2020.01-stm32mp-r1-DEVICETREE.patch#L443

12 REPLIES 12
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @AMurr.2282​ 

Looks like a known issue. Please find attached a patch.

Thanks to let me know.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SMich.1
Senior

can you provide .patch file ? I want to see what changed.

I have the same issue, I just added stm32mp157.dtsi to includes

Hi @SMich.1​ 

yes patch supposed to be attached to my previous answer @AMurr.2282​ .

You don't see it ?

Else a new hot-fix release tag of u-boot is available on github.

Hope it help

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SMich.1
Senior

no, i see only the source files tat.gz . not the patch .

this wat i have in my Yocto layers: 0693W000004IFQBQA4.jpg

do i need to update the layers from git source?

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SMich.1​ 

In order to integrate the u-boot hot-fix in Github in your Ditribution environnement please refer to instruction here :

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP15_OpenSTLinux_release_note#Minor_release_updates

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

tnx, i have one more question,

If i going through Distribution package installation guide in wiki pages the last minor hot-fixes will be applied?

Hi @SMich.1​ ,

No minor hot-fixes release in BSP components are not integrated in Distribution package.

You need to follow instruction in https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP15_OpenSTLinux_release_note#Minor_release_updates.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
SMich.1
Senior

so the tag that fixes this issue is this: v2020.10-rc5 ?

Hi @SMich.1​ 

Sorry for late reply and error in my communication.

Actually v2020.10-rc5 was a wrong reference.

There is no hotfix tag available for this fix on github.

We will integrate it only in next major release.

So you need to apply manually the patch shared in my first comment.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN