cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable possibility to enter my own settings in section Configuration -> Revup Configuration. ST Motor Control Workbench

Remman
Associate II

Hi all,

Maybe a stupid question but ... How to enable possibility to enter my own settings in section Configuration -> Revup Configuration.

ST Motor Control Workbench ver. 5.4.4.20160.

I have blank space here

0693W000004H0JNQA0.png

I want something like this

0693W000004H022QAC.png

Thanks for any answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fred V.
ST Employee

Dear @Remman,

I can confirm that the feature you are looking for is indeed available in SDK 5.4.4.

For instance, here is what I get when monitoring a configuration that seems similar to yours.

0693W000004I0Y0QAK.png

The project that resulted in the screenshot above was generated with the Workbench of the SDK 5.4.4. The projet was built and flashed and then the MC Monitor was connected to the running application.

The screen you get lets me think that the configuration that is loaded into the workbench does not match the one that is executing in the board: the fact that you cannot see the rev up steps makes me think that the board you are monitoring does not run a sensorless configuration, but rather a configuration using encoders or Hall effect sensors for speed and position sensing. That would explain why you do not have access to the rev up phases. Indeed, in a non-sensorless configuration, they are not used and do not exist.

However, your screenshot suggest that the application being run uses a sensorless speed and position sensing technique based on a state observer and a PLL. Can you confirm that the application running on your setup actually match the project loaded in the Monitor?

If yes, can you provide me with more details on your project: the versions of STM32CubeMx tool used to generate the project, the STM32 MCU being used and the version of the STM32Cube firmware that you have?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Fred.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Remman​ 

Is it a feature you had in SDK 5.4.1 (your second picture) and that you don't have anymore in SDK 5.4.4 (your first picture)?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Remman
Associate II

Hi Laurent,

No, the second picture is from ST webinar "How to tune a BLDC motor using an STSPIN32 System in Package" performed by Stanislav Divin from Czech ST branch, the first picture is from Motor Control Workbench which i have installed on my PC and i can't find this feature there. Is this option available in newest MCW ? What i need to do to obtain this feature ?

Thank you for answer.

Best regards

Remik

Fred V.
ST Employee

Dear @Remman,

I can confirm that the feature you are looking for is indeed available in SDK 5.4.4.

For instance, here is what I get when monitoring a configuration that seems similar to yours.

0693W000004I0Y0QAK.png

The project that resulted in the screenshot above was generated with the Workbench of the SDK 5.4.4. The projet was built and flashed and then the MC Monitor was connected to the running application.

The screen you get lets me think that the configuration that is loaded into the workbench does not match the one that is executing in the board: the fact that you cannot see the rev up steps makes me think that the board you are monitoring does not run a sensorless configuration, but rather a configuration using encoders or Hall effect sensors for speed and position sensing. That would explain why you do not have access to the rev up phases. Indeed, in a non-sensorless configuration, they are not used and do not exist.

However, your screenshot suggest that the application being run uses a sensorless speed and position sensing technique based on a state observer and a PLL. Can you confirm that the application running on your setup actually match the project loaded in the Monitor?

If yes, can you provide me with more details on your project: the versions of STM32CubeMx tool used to generate the project, the STM32 MCU being used and the version of the STM32Cube firmware that you have?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Fred.

Remman
Associate II

Dear Fred,

Thanks a lot for your answer, you help me solved the problem =)

Everything looks as it should be now. The problem occurred because the firmware of the SPIN3201wasn't updated properly, and was not matching to the project. The STM32CubeProgrammer doesn't automatically release COM port after flashing the STSPIN32F0 and here something was going wrong. I was updated the firmware using ST-LINK and everything is ok now.

As you said, ones need to check twice is the firmware matching the compilation output, to avoid such stupid issues =) This is the tip for today, sponsored by me =)

Once again thank you.

Best regards

Remik