cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board: stm32mp157c-dk2 I would like to build a distribution with a browser (like chromium). I would like to have all the recipes to do that or at least a binary image with an included browser. Regards,

FDuch.11
Associate

3 REPLIES 3
Christophe Guibout
ST Employee

Hi @FDuch.1​ ,

Maybe you can try to add the following layer to your build : https://github.com/OSSystems/meta-browser.

BR,

Christophe

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
GDyes.1
Associate II

I have such an image built using the above named repo. I also had to add meta-clang (make sure to use the dunfell branch) and meta-python2.

T problem is the STMicro Yocto images use Wayland and not X-11. I can't get chromium to start, even though it is also built for Wayland. I keep getting a "cannot open display" error.

Also, be aware it will take over 3 hours for a clean build on a Core i9 with Samsung 980-PRO NVMe so make sure to enable/configure SSTATE and Download caches to reduce subsequent clean build times.

GDyes.1
Associate II

While I was able to build the image and get Chromium to somewhat start, it just hung and crashed after a few minutes with nothing displayed.