cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Rules to follow to participate in "STM32 Motor Control" forum topic

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear contributors

In order to make this forum efficient in helping newcomers and all users of this forum to find solutions to their problems in the already resolved issues or questions , please adhere to the following rules:

• the post title must be short
  • the post title is not a chat (no "Hi" or "Hello", no newline, no "I" or "it", and so on)
  • the post title has to be very meaningful of your issue or question (no general title such as "Problem with the tool MC-SDK")
  • if possible, only one new post for each of your issues or questions
  • if possible and if relevant, do not forget to give details about your materials (such as boards ID and versions)
  • if possible and if relevant, do not forget to give details about your tools (detailed list of tools with the version for each)
  • your personal details have not to be inserted in the text (phone number, email, and so on)
  • do not post a message on the forum, which targets everyone, in asking to a particular member to answer (don't worry, we now handle absolutely all the posts)
  • be very polite in any circonstances and do not hesitate to ask for moderation if someone is not
  • UPDATE1: do not select to many tags (or "topics") and put the most important ones in first
  • UPDATE2: this forum is not the right place to ask questions regarding customers who already have access to local dedicated support
  • UPDATE3: if you have a similar question than one already posted many months ago, please do not answer to this question but open a new one in adding reference to this question in this new one

Thank you very much in advance for your contribution and enjoy using STMicroelectronics products.

Last but not least, as advice, it is probably better to not have your full family name in your nickname.

Best regards

For the STM32 Motor Control team (STMicroelectronics), Laurent Ca...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LMI2
Lead

Good to know that someone is (trying to) improving this forum. Lot of work ahead.

Ozone is correct. There are better forums. If it is working, do not fix it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

​And do not hesitate to write to me by direct message if you have any others porpositions about "The Rules to follow to participate in this forum".

TDK
Guru

I agree with all these points, except I very much doubt if newcomers to the forum are going to find (let alone read) a random rule post.

Rules really need to be on the "ask a question" page to have any chance of being successful.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Unfortunately you have to swing at the balls as pitched, most are here because they can't or don't want to read instructions, they just want to have the salient details repeated to them. Forums have worked this way forever, and I'm not sure it is fixable.

This "forum" is particularly bad due to the dysfunctional search and user post/comment cataloguing, and the inability to cite specific posts within a thread.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Dear @Carlly LiviaS​ 

Things evolve.

Now I moderate this forum and I expect an important quality improvement in the coming weeks.

Best regards

==

Laurent Ca...

Ozone
Lead

> ...please adhere to the following rules:

>- the post title must be short

>- the post title is not a chat (no "Hi" or "Hello", no newline, no "I" or "it", and so on)

>- the post title has to be very meaningful of your issue or question (no general title such as "Problem with the tool MC-SDK")

Than, don't create a false impression by naming the headline "question".

First revise your forum interface to not confuse new users.

I know it is not your personal fault, but every effect has it's cause.

ST has quite a history for disregarding established and popular forum software in favour of "roll-your-own". With the usual side effects of meltdowns, migration pains, user confusion and inconveniences.

LMI2
Lead

Good to know that someone is (trying to) improving this forum. Lot of work ahead.

Ozone is correct. There are better forums. If it is working, do not fix it.

Dear @Ozone​ 

I can do nothing regarding the interface, except escalade that it can be improved a lot (and that is already done).

Whatever, I expect that in the coming weeks you will change your opinion about the quality of this forum because it is my job: make happy the customers using the tag "STM32 Motor Control" of this forum.

Sincerely yours.

Laurent Ca...

> I can do nothing regarding the interface, ...

I know. But it is a good place (thread) to mention it.

Large software companies often have user test labs, where they expose "normal" users to their software products.

As said, the interface actually begs for the misunderstandings you want to clear up here.