cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLUE-NRG-232 DC-DC converter modes

SK.10
Associate II

We are using BLUENRG-232 in one of our low cost designs. On page 138 of the datasheet, we can see two DC-DC converter configs. For cost savings, we would like to go with non-active DC-DC converter config. However, there isn't much info available about the power consumption or performance impact. I would like to have a deeper understanding of both active and non-active DC-DC converter modes.

6 REPLIES 6
Winfred LU
ST Employee

On page 146, Table 212.

There are 2 parts for the table : when DCDC converter active and when DCDC converter not active.

RX and TX power will be higher in the case DCDC converter is not active.

SK.10
Associate II

Thanks for the response. I have a question regarding the RF section. We are using BLUENRG-232 in conjunction with BALF-NRG-02D3. While it says that the impedance of both the devices are matched, there is no exact info of how much show the differential impedance of the traces be, Is it 100 ohms differential impedance?

It will be 50 ohm.

SK.10
Associate II

So I don't need to route them as a differential pair? The RF0 and RF1 traces? Just route them as single ended 50 ohm?

Please refer to BlueNRG-2 datasheet, table 217.

0693W000004I2j0QAC.png

SK.10
Associate II

I have seen this one. But not sure what trace impedance to use since the impedance mentioned in the table is a complex impedance.