cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find an updated platform.h to go with the latest version of RFAL library (en.STSW-ST25RFAL001, v2.2.0/22-May-2020)

SDesa.1
Associate II

Hi,

I recently downloaded the latest version of the en.STSW-ST25RFAL001: v2.2.0/22-May-2020. In my application I had been using an older version of the en.STSW-ST25RFAL001.

However in the Release notes for en.STSW-ST25RFAL001: v2.2.0/22-May-2020, there is a section that says:

• Aligned APIs on platform.h (breaks compatibility with previous versions, see example in rfal.chm)

I checked the example in rfal.chm and could not find any references to a changed platform.h anywhere.

I am getting a lot of compile errors because I am missing the correct platform.h. I have tried the latest STSW-ST25R002 and X-NUCLEO-NFC5 (as mentioned in the answers in this post) and none have the updated platform.h. I say this because neither of the two packages have a platform.h that has the "platformTimerDestroy(tmr);" or "platformErrorHandle();" functions, which are present in the latest RFAL.

Also when #define RFAL_FEATURE_NFC_DEP is set to true (in the latest RFAL library), it gives rise to a whole host of new compile errors, the most prominent being:

error: 'RFAL_FEATURE_NFC_DEP_BLOCK_MAX_LEN' undeclared here (not in a function); did you mean 'RFAL_FEATURE_ISO_DEP_IBLOCK_MAX_LEN'?

[build]      uint8_t  inf[RFAL_FEATURE_NFC_DEP_BLOCK_MAX_LEN];  /*!< INF | Data area of the buffer    */

[build]                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have attached a text file with all the compile errors I get and also a copy of my platform.h. (Note I was able to fix a few function names in the platform.h such as platformIrqST25R3911PinInitialize() was now changed to platformIrqST25RPinInitialize();, by doing a diff between the older and newer st25r3911_interrupt.c, so you might not see these in the list of errors. )

Hardware: MCU: STM32L496 connected to ST25R3911b over SPI. Need the latest RFAL library so that I can use rfalNfcvPollerReadMultipleBlocks() and rfalNfcvPollerTransceiveReq() to implement the Fast Read Multiple Blocks Unlimited command (custom command) for an ISO15693 compliant Fujitsu Tag (MB89R118C)

Could you please point me to a platform.h that is compatible with en.STSW-ST25RFAL001: v2.2.0/22-May-2020?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

an example of platform.h file can be found in the RFAL.chm: in the main page after the RFAL configuration description and before the Analog Config description, you will find "An example platform.h for a STM32 project can be found here.". Just click on the word here to open the platform.h file

Also the ST25 Embedded NFC library contains several complete examples of application where platform.h can be found.

Regarding the RFAL configuration, if using only type 5, I would suggest to use the one in the attached file.

The RFAL supports ST25TV and ST25DV fast commands (see rfalST25xVPollerFastReadMultipleBlocks). Therefore, I would recommend to use tags from the ST25TV or ST25DV series as they are ready to use with ST25R readers (ST25R95, ST25R3911B or ST25R3916)

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

an example of platform.h file can be found in the RFAL.chm: in the main page after the RFAL configuration description and before the Analog Config description, you will find "An example platform.h for a STM32 project can be found here.". Just click on the word here to open the platform.h file

Also the ST25 Embedded NFC library contains several complete examples of application where platform.h can be found.

Regarding the RFAL configuration, if using only type 5, I would suggest to use the one in the attached file.

The RFAL supports ST25TV and ST25DV fast commands (see rfalST25xVPollerFastReadMultipleBlocks). Therefore, I would recommend to use tags from the ST25TV or ST25DV series as they are ready to use with ST25R readers (ST25R95, ST25R3911B or ST25R3916)

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

RFAL FEATURES CONFIGURATION for type 5 tag.

Rgds

BT