cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR Test Suite - Intensive Random Test on stm32mp157c-dk2 with stock SD card with SPL fails

BalaGajenthan
Associate II

Hi All

I am running the DDR test on stm32mp157c-dk2 board using CubeMX 6.0.1>Tools>TestSuite

Test no 9: Intensive Random test fails and the board resets.

I am using the dk2 development board with the stock SD card (SPL), so my guess is that it should pass the test as all necessary DDR tuning has been pre performed by ST.

I am not sure where these tests are defined and also what needs doing to make the test pass.

Any help is much is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @BalaGajenthan​ 

Are you sure your are using STM32CubeMX 6.0.1 ? Because in this last version you are not supposed to be able to set size below 8.

There is known issue in test when size below 8.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

​Hi @BalaGajenthan​ ,

Could you please precise which ecosystem version you are using ?

Can you share also detail about random test parameters ?

Thx

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
BalaGajenthan
Associate II

Hi @Community member​ 

Thanks for responding to my query

I am using ecosystem version 1.2

I am yet to find out where the tests are defined, I am new to this. so I am not sure about the random test parameters used.

I beleive the tests are defined in the SPL image of the SD card?

Let me explain what I am doing and I will share a screen shot of the error, it will then give you an idea.

I am using STM32MP157-DK2 board and the SD card which came with it.

I set the boot pins so that it boots from SD card. (boot0=1, boot2=1)

I created a project on STM32CubeMX 6.0.1 for the above board and I Initialize all peripherals with their default Mode

I carried out the test from Tools>DDR TestSuite.

I am able to connect to the board by selecting connect from DDR interactive section. (it is using the SPL from the SD card)

I am able to run all test except test number 9, (Intensive Random)

Please see the attached screen shot

hopefully you have all information you needed,

0693W000004GulpQAC.png

BalaGajenthan
Associate II

I found more information about the test no 9, see attched schreenshot0693W000004GunbQAC.png

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @BalaGajenthan​ 

Could you please try to change parameter size to 8 and tell us result please ?

Is failure random or systematic ?

Thx

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

Hi @BalaGajenthan​ 

Are you sure your are using STM32CubeMX 6.0.1 ? Because in this last version you are not supposed to be able to set size below 8.

There is known issue in test when size below 8.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
BalaGajenthan
Associate II

Hi @Community member​ 

Thanks for the reply.

with size 8, The test always passes,

0693W000004H9ZjQAK.png

with regards to the version number, you are right I am running CubeMX 5.6.1. some how I got this wrong.

Could you tell me where these DDR tests are defined? are they part of CubeMX?

Hi @BalaGajenthan​ 

DDR tests are defined in U-Boot SPL.

CubeMX is just interfacing with U-Boot to launch them and get results.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
BalaGajenthan
Associate II

Thanks @Community member​