cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST Cube firmware packages, contributions and bug fixes

Manu Abraham
Senior

Hi,

This is a question to the folks @ ST, or to whomever release the Cube packages.

(Maybe someone involved in that process, be the best to answer)

Are contributions, or fixes to the packages welcome by ST for the packages ?

If contributions are accepted, how would ST like to receive the contributions ?

(I mean the process, the format etc etc and so on)

Is there a formal defined procedure, documented someplace on the same topic ?

Thanks,

Manu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Manu Abraham​,

Thank you for your interest and involvement. Your proposals of bug fixes or enhancements are the welcome. As pointed out by @Imen DAHMEN​ you can submit them through our STMicroelectronics organization on GitHub. You have the choice to submit them in the form of:

• An issue (this is the term used for bug trackers) which is a textual description. You can use markdown language to highlight important aspects of your description.
  • A pull-request which is a change in some file(s) you push for review and approval. This one can be easily displayed as a "diff".

Please note that:

• Before being able to submit pull-requests, you should first sign a CLA (Contributor License Agreement). Here is the link.
  • The issues and pull-requests shall be related to the software you will find published in the STMicroelectronics organization (e.g. HAL-LL, CMSIS, BSP, MW, etc.). Topics such as documentation, hardware, and ecosystem shall be submitted here to the Community.

A useful tip that might help you browse through the different repositories you will find in the organization. On top of the page, you can find pinned repositories: the "overall offer" repositories.

Each one of them is the entry point to a certain topic (MCU, MPU, Android for MPU, and Mems).

For instance, the MCU Overall Offer repository provides links to the different repositories related to STM32 MCU (FW, HAL-LL, CMSIS, and MW).

I hope this answers your question. Do not hesitate if you have others. We are looking forward to receiving your bug fix proposal.

With regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Manu Abraham​ ,

I really appreciate your suggestion and help to improve our products.

You can reported your issue related to STM32Cube firmware packages in the github site.

Thanks,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hello @Imen DAHMEN​ 

Greetings.

Thanks for the response.

If I have a bugfix, how should I send it ? (A simple diff ?)

I guess the contributor needs to comply to the licensing the

same as to the source files ?

How would you verify the developer of the patch, to avoid

unnecessary issues and problems at a later stage ?

It would be wonderful to have this piece of information formally

documented, so that you can just point it to people querying.

It would make life a lot easier for you as well.

Thanks,

Manu

Hello @Manu Abraham​,

Thank you for your interest and involvement. Your proposals of bug fixes or enhancements are the welcome. As pointed out by @Imen DAHMEN​ you can submit them through our STMicroelectronics organization on GitHub. You have the choice to submit them in the form of:

• An issue (this is the term used for bug trackers) which is a textual description. You can use markdown language to highlight important aspects of your description.
  • A pull-request which is a change in some file(s) you push for review and approval. This one can be easily displayed as a "diff".

Please note that:

• Before being able to submit pull-requests, you should first sign a CLA (Contributor License Agreement). Here is the link.
  • The issues and pull-requests shall be related to the software you will find published in the STMicroelectronics organization (e.g. HAL-LL, CMSIS, BSP, MW, etc.). Topics such as documentation, hardware, and ecosystem shall be submitted here to the Community.

A useful tip that might help you browse through the different repositories you will find in the organization. On top of the page, you can find pinned repositories: the "overall offer" repositories.

Each one of them is the entry point to a certain topic (MCU, MPU, Android for MPU, and Mems).

For instance, the MCU Overall Offer repository provides links to the different repositories related to STM32 MCU (FW, HAL-LL, CMSIS, and MW).

I hope this answers your question. Do not hesitate if you have others. We are looking forward to receiving your bug fix proposal.

With regards,

Hello @ALABB​ 

Thanks for the detailed response. It clears up all the aspects that lingered in my mind.

It brings clarity, how one should proceed, with regards to Contributions.

Let me please get back on this.

Best Regards,

Manu