cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is UM1884 (STM32L4/L4+ HAL and low-layer drivers UM) description for RCC_PLLInitTypeDef inconsistent with header file 'stm32l4xx_hal_rcc.h' generated by STM32CUBEMX with respect to PLLP, PLLR parameter definitions?

Tritc.1
Associate

The structure definition for RCC_PLLInitTypeDef in the header file 'stm32l4xx_hal_rcc.h', generated by STM32CUBEMX, is inconsistent with the RCC_PLLInitTypeDef struct description in the STM32L4/L4+ HAL and low-layer drivers UM (UM1884 Rev8) page 821, specifically PLLP, PLLR parameters.

Compare that description with the RCC_PLLInitTypeDef in stm32l4xx_hal_rcc.h, generated by STM32CUBEMX for nucleo-l4r5zi_ board:

typedef struct {

#if defined(RCC_PLLP_SUPPORT)

uint32_t PLLP;    /*!< PLLP: Division factor for SAI clock.

This parameter must be a value of @ref RCC_PLLP_Clock_Divider       */

#endif /* RCC_PLLP_SUPPORT */

uint32_t PLLQ;    /*!< PLLQ: Division factor for SDMMC1, RNG and USB clocks.

This parameter must be a value of @ref RCC_PLLQ_Clock_Divider       */

uint32_t PLLR;    /*!< PLLR: Division for the main system clock.

User have to set the PLLR parameter correctly to not exceed max frequency 120MHZ

on STM32L4Rx/STM32L4Sx devices else 80MHz on the other devices.

This parameter must be a value of @ref RCC_PLLR_Clock_Divider       */

}RCC_PLLInitTypeDef;

Am I missing something?

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

Looks consistent to me. PLLQ and PLLR are defined in both. What do you think is inconsistent about them?

If I were you I would throw away the user manual and consult the code directly. It's always going to be correct.

0693W000004GTHTQA4.png

0693W000004GTHYQA4.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".