cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe Limited Speed with STM32 microcontroller

PBlat.1
Associate

Hello

I am working on a 48V BLDC drive unit and I would like to implement the safety feature "Safe Limitd Speed" according SIL2/3 and PLc/d.

In the Motor Control Reference Guide from ST there is "Safety ready: SIL, Class B" as one of the key features of the STM32 microcontroller mentioned.

Could this be the base for my requirement?

Is it possible to get more detailled information about the safety features of this processor?

Are there any application notes vailable?

Thank you for your feedback.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @PBlat.1​ ,

please refer to our ST presentation Functional safety packages for STM32 & STM8 MCUs for a first overview on the subject.

You can find a detailed list of safety requirements (conditions of use) and examples in the ST Safety Manuals at this LINK

You can download the dedicate user manual according to you STM32 microcontroller part number.

Let me know if this info has been useful to you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @PBlat.1​ ,

please refer to our ST presentation Functional safety packages for STM32 & STM8 MCUs for a first overview on the subject.

You can find a detailed list of safety requirements (conditions of use) and examples in the ST Safety Manuals at this LINK

You can download the dedicate user manual according to you STM32 microcontroller part number.

Let me know if this info has been useful to you.